- The purpose of this policy is to outline how we use your data, how it's protected, how long it's stored for and more.
- As a part exchange comparison platform and finance broker, the main purpose of us obtaining your information is to try to find the best deal for your part ex, obtain you an acceptance with one of our lenders for your new car or assist in the purchase of your new car.
- If at any time, you have any questions regarding how we use your information or this policy, please use the below details to contact us –
- FAO Thomas Delgado
- Telephone: 01992 352040
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Manufactory House, Bell Lane, Hertford, England, SG14 1BP
- Please note that for the purpose of holding personal data, we are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, registered number – ZA227015
- This policy is reviewed on an annual basis and was last updated on 17th August 2021.
2. Why do we collect and use your personal data?
- We collect and use your personal information in order for us to provide you with vehicle finance or assist you with a vehicle query via our application form.
- The lawful basis of which we use your information is consent for finance, we will not process your information without your explicit consent. With regards to only part exchanging your vehicle, the purpose of us processing your data is for legitimate interest or as part of our contract should you wish to proceed.
- You can withdraw your consent by contacting us on the above.
- We kindly ask that if you do not want us, or do not consent to us using your information, you do not submit an application to us.
- The information we collect can be some or all of the following –
- Date of Birth
- Residential Information
- Employment and Income Information
- Marital Status
- Vehicle Information
- Bank Details
- Marketing Preferences
- IP Information and your use of our site
- Information about your current vehicle
- We will never request sensitive information, or information that we do not require.
3. What happens if I do not provide my personal information?
- We need your personal information to process your request or finance application. If we do not collect your personal information, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
- We will use your personal information to send you marketing communications by email about similar products and services that you may be interested in.
- Please note that we will not send you marketing information with your consent.
- You have the right to object to receiving marketing communication and we will give you an easy way to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing communication from us.
4. Who will we share your personal information with?
- We will share your information with the finance partners with whom we work with in order to assist you gain a finance acceptance, these include the below –
- When Equifax and/or Experian receives a search request from us via AutoConvert, they will place a soft quotation footprint that will be visible to you only, on your credit file; other parties including lenders will not see this. This quotation footprint will not be seen by other parties and it will not affect your credit score/rating or ability to apply for finance from other lenders (please note that when lenders conduct these searches with CRA’s, it may leave a footprint). AutoConvert will access from Equifax Ltd and/or Experian Ltd both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. This information will be used to check your eligibility against a select group of lenders
- We will not see any information on your credit file, AutoConvert will only provide a list of lenders that you are likely to be accepted for given the information supplied using their brokering technology that understands most of the acceptance criteria of the lenders on their panel.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- You can contact CRA’s on the below:
Equifax Ltd, Customer Services Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0800 014 2955 or visit www.equifax.co.uk
Experian Ltd, The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, UK
- Please also note that in order to complete your finance agreement, we will require some information from the supplying dealership. If you are part exchanging your vehicle with us, we may also send over your vehicle information to our network of dealerships.
- In order for them to raise the necessary paperwork, we will need to send them your name, address and contact number. We may also liaise with them regarding any future after sales issues where required.
- If required, we will also share your information with 3rd parties for accounting, legal or regulatory purposes.
- Please note we as a company do not share your data outside of any EEA state. We ask you to ensure you are aware of how the above companies share and use your date so you are fully aware.
5. How long will we store your personal information?
- We will store your personal information for up to six years on our CRM systems. We are committed to ensuring your data is kept secure so review our security systems on a regular basis.
- This is to enable us to refer to our records should we be required to for the purpose of regulatory or lawful reasons.
- If you do not object to receiving marketing communications from us, we will store your personal information for marketing purposes until you unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us.
- Please note that some of your information may be included in information used for accounting purposes. Where this is the case this information is kept for 7 years as per our legal requirements. All information will be securely archived until it reaches this point, when it will be confidentially destroyed.
6. What are your rights to your personal information?
Right to access
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed, if we are able to do so while still abiding by law.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be fully informed regarding your information throughout our whole journey
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If a decision has been made electronically, you have the right to contest this decision.
7. How can I exercise my rights in relation to my personal information?
- You can exercise all of your rights or withdraw your consent by contacting us on any of the above contact details.
8. How do I lodge a complaint about the use of my personal information?
- You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- The ICO is the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way.
- You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113